Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day Twenty-Nine: Switch.


June 28, 2011
This morning I set out for school earlier than Hannah and Brandy so that I could return my bike to ESA. Riding a bike in France isn’t as scary as in the states because drivers look out for bikers more; nevertheless, I was still iffy because of the shape of the bike I was loaned and lack of protective clothing. I made it to school early and Jake and I rehearsed our parts for our French evaluation. After the French family presentation, Jake and I went in for our French evaluation. Rocky start but I thought we ended pretty strong… UNTIL our professor (who hadn’t previously taught us in class) told us to switch roles. I think we winged it okay but we definitely weren’t expecting that one. After that, I went to buy wedges since I forgot to pack my heels- whoops. I made another stop to grab macaroons from the Petite Bakery. That night for dinner, we had boiled egg bunnies and tomato baskets with veggies inside, pork, four different types of cooked vegetables: tomatoes, onions, zucchini, potatoes, salad with nuts, four types of fromage, and sliced apple pie. This was also the night we had a visitor for dinner- the guy who has been videoing our time at ESA dropped by to film our family and chat.  Serge and Ghisline even broke out the homemade cherry liquor. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment