Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day Twenty-Three: The 12 Commandments

June 22, 2011
This morning I was more than a little under the weather. My head hurt and I was getting whiplash from the cold and hot spells I was having. AND it was that same day we were scheduled for two wine tastings. Not one. But two.
Our professor that we had for actual instruction and the first round of tasting was absolutely fantastic. Engaging, super knowledgeable, and ADORABLE. Harry Potter glasses. #wining. And further proof lies in the fact that despite me wanting nothing more than to sleep off my headache during class, I couldn’t fully do that- I wanted to listen to his lecture. A valuable lesson was being taught that day:

The 12 Commandments of Wine Tasting
1) LOOK
2) SNIFF
3) SWIRL
4) SMELL
5) TILT
6) PROLONGED SNIFF
7) SIP
8) CHEW
9) SWALLOW A LITTLE
10) SPIT (OR SWALLOW)
11) BREATHE OUT
12) SCORE

Dinner consisted of: courgette soup, white asparagus, broiled red peppers with garlic, sauerkraut and sausage, Finkbrau beer, and plums. Love our host family. They understood that all three of us have German heritage so they made a German themed meal. Precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment